Friday, June 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life - The Proposal

Today at Kelly's Korner, Show Us Your Life is all about proposal stories, so I thought I would share ours!

And an added tidbit of info: according to our old wedding website, we have been married 580 days today. How does that make ya feel, hunny? Haha.

It was our two-year anniversary and Troy had made reservations for dinner. After work, I rushed home to get ready, and Troy arrived soon after. He immediately suggested that we exchange anniversary gifts (I was still in front of the mirror getting ready!). So, I closed my eyes as Troy instructed, and he put a necklace around my neck (keep in mind that I had politely hinted at a certain necklace for our anniversary). I opened my eyes and saw a simple silver chain. Confused as I was, I followed Troy's further instruction to close my eyes again. I felt his hands start to shake and a small object fell onto the chain. I immediately thought that it was the necklace I requested, but when I opened my eyes to face the mirror, I was shocked to find a beautiful ring hanging from the chain.

Troy took the ring and got down on one knee, and after a quite convincing speech, asked me to be his wife. With tears in my eyes, I most definitely said YES!


I am happier today than 580 days ago and can't believe that I am married to such a wonderful, loving, patient husband. We don't have a photo of our engagement, but have many many more since then. I guess it will be a memory I always keep in my heart.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment