Wednesday, June 16, 2010

LaLaLa Leakey!

Last weekend, we piled in the ‘burb (thanks, Rick) and headed out to Leakey with some of our closest friends – Linds, James, Allison, and Louise, and Tess of course! Patrick and Erin and Lori and Whit met us out there that night.



See, Troy and I have been together almost FIVE years and I had yet to see this place they call ‘the river’, so I was thrilled when Troy suggested that we go. I was even more thrilled when Troy’s cousin Jove offered their “cabin” to us for the weekend! It is beautiful and spacious, with so many balconies and places to hang out. We loved it there! Friday night was a chill night; we ate in town with Uncle Mark and got in some good Miller time just sittin’ around being silly. We went out to the river crossing Saturday morning and spend the entire day out there! Aunt Sherry and her sister even stopped by for a bit.


Tess LOVED the water. She ran up and down and up and down the river, from person to person, sniffing and licking and splashing around. She was seriously in heaven; we all were. The weather was perfect, and I bet that was declared about two dozen times between the ten of us – overcast enough to not be scorching, but sunny enough to get some sun and enjoy being outside. We lounged in the water all day; I was surprised that we didn’t end up wrinkly! Thankful for Troy’s Sirius boom box and a cooler full of adult beverages, we did absolutely nothing for hours upon hours, and it was just what we needed.








Troy and I took Tess to stroll around the property (really, I just wanted to take pics). It is so interesting out there; the prettiest ‘flowers’ are really weeds, and allow for the best pictures. I am seriously considering letting our lawn go for a few months just for a photo opportunity like that again …Ok, moment gone. Troy – mow the yard!







That night, we grilled out, ate potato salad, baked beans, corn on the cob and fruit salad for dinner out on the porch. Mmmm, I love BBQ :) We played cards and a half game of Balderdash before we got an itch for something sweet and decided to break for s’mores, which anyone would love! Gooey chocolatey messiness!



That night was a semi-early night for us all (most of us called it a night by midnight); a day in the sun (with a few cold ones) will do that to ya. I really see why my husband likes it out there, and why he has so many fond memories at that place. He even brought me under the dining room table in Uncle Mark’s cabin to show me where he, Matt, and his Dad carved their names in it after building that thing board by board. I’m not kidding – I was laying on the floor with my camera! Look closely for the 'Rick, TC and Matt' markings! :)


We look forward to visiting soon, and are so grateful for Uncle Mark’s hospitality, the beautiful accommodations (best beds EVER, by the way), good food (thanks, Troy), and time with friends.



Good times…

No comments:

Post a Comment