Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Andale! ¡Andale!"

Just a quick update on things, which by the way are C-R-A-Z-Y loco. We moved my sis here last weekend -- ya, that's right, my nature-loving, kayaking, music-loving, South Congress-frequenting social butterfly of an Austinite has officially become a traffic-hating, fast-paced, lives-thirty-minutes-away-though-we-live-in-the-same-city grade A Houstonian with the best of us ;) It was a good, quick move and I am very proud of my little sis for being so organized and ready to go when Troy and I showed up with the truck on Friday for a suicide trip there and back. I am also proud of her for taking a leap of faith. Being an older sister usually means that you worry more than you're 'supposed' to, can never quite let loose because you are the 'responsible' one, and can usually be expected to throw out a lecture or two when things get sticky. So I would naturally wonder why in the world would Linds willingly move closer to me?! But, I think it was a great move and that it will be great for both of us. And let's be realistic - I feel so much better knowing that she is close and that Troy and I can be there in a second if we need to. Ya, I know...mama bird syndrome.

Anyways, we are gearing up for yet another fast-paced, busy weekend, this time to DFW to celebrate (get ready) my mom's birthday, father's day, my step-sister's birthday, and Troy's BFF's birthday. Whew! I am exhausted (and broke) just thinking about it! I am particularly excited because I am going to meet up with two of my oldest friends, Kim and Jenna. We went to kindergarten together, played softball together, and grew up together in Commerce until I moved to Keller my freshman year of high school. I haven't seen them in way too long (Jenna has a 15 month old and another on the way!) and am very excited to meet them for lunch on Saturday. Troy and I will hightail it out to the Ballpark at Arlington for the 2:15 (heat of the day) Ranger's game with the fam after my 'girls' lunch. Mom did good too, we are in the all-you-can-eat/drink, air-conditioning provided section (thank God). That's grass fed beef in those hot dogs, right Mom? ;)

We will finish up our Saturday with a bday celebration for Mr. Cliff Higgs, then rush back to Houston for a client meeting about invitations. Tired yet? We stay that way.

Speaking of invitations, I have posted some recent works on my blog and have some more coming soon. Spread the word if anyone needs custom paper products - I am really trying to better my business and am working super hard to offer even better designs and high quality products. I am very excited about a service/style new to CDD - letterpress! Affordable Letterpress! Very exciting, I must say :) I am also working on a number of thermographers for future orders as well, so I guess you can say 'business is booming!'. Never a dull moment...

Last little tidbit: Thanks to those of you who have donated shoes. We seriously have about 70 pairs and WANT MORE, so clean out your closet (you know you need to), and give me your shoes people :) Incentive to be announced soon...

Have a great rest of the week -- oh, and GO SPAIN! OLE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment