Sunday, June 27, 2010

Best Friends, Birthdays, and Baseball

The trip to DFW was a good {hot} one, but we had so much fun. We got in late on Friday night, but that didn't stop Rach and I from uncorking some vino and chatting until the wee hours of the night while the guys crashed out on the couches!

Saturday was a whirlwind. I met up with my friend Kim for lunch while Troy lounged at Casa de Rachel. I grew up with Kim and have known her since kindergarten. We were the best of friends and grew apart a bit when I moved to the 'big city' for high school. I haven't seen her in almost five years, so you can only imagine how long we sat there catching up. I brought my trusty camera, but we didn't take a breath to snap a photo :( Next time!

I had to rush out of lunch to pick up Troy because we were meeting my whole family at the Rangers' game that afternoon to celebrate a late Father's Day, my mom's birthday, and my sis Shannon's birthday. It was great to be with the whole family, but oh.my.gosh. it was so stinkin hot! Thank the good Lord mom bought tickets in the shaded section because full-on sun would have sent me over the edge! We did get sweet relief in the form of yummy food and drinks in an air-conditioned buffet area full of the ballpark staples: hot dogs, popcorn, lemonade, and peanuts! It was a good thing everything was included with our tickets because I think we both drank about a gallon of cold beverages to keep from passing out of heatstroke!






Saturday night was Cliff's pre-birthday celebration at Rachel's house. That girl knows how to throw a party! They made venison burgers, had about five different desserts (including a funfetti cake!), and the drink I always look forward to when visiting my bff - SANGRIA! We got to relax and joke around with some good friends, old and new, and like always, we drove home on Sunday with full hearts (and tummies!).

It was but another busy weekend, of the dozens that have taken over our schedule for the next few months, but it was really good to see everyone (you gotta love getting face time with 11 people in 24 hours!).


I will end by wishing my mom a very happy birthday today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADRE!! We could not imagine our crazy life without you to bring us back to 'center'. We love you lots and hope you have a wonderful birthday week in Mexico :)

No comments:

Post a Comment