Saturday, August 7, 2010

We Are In Business!!

This was a very exciting week in the Davis household. I have been working almost non-stop to officially launch Chelsea Davis Designs. I guess I started the 'business' or 'hobby' a little over a year ago, but as orders increased in size, complexity, and frequency, I quickly realized (with the polite urging of Troy) that I need to make this thing legit. And why not? I work on it enough to call it my second job! So yesterday, we headed down to the Fort Bent County Clerk's office to officially file as a business owner. Chelsea Davis Designs is IN BUSINESS!!


As many of you know, I have been posting my designs on my CDD blog, but it just didn't serve my new business needs. I wanted something that was more "official" and user friendly, so I launched chelseadavisdesigns.com yesterday afternoon! I love the website -- the layout, the galleries, the contact page (isn't it so savvy?!?). I am really happy with it and although it will probably get a few makeovers over the months, I think it is a great representation of my business and where I am trying to go with it.



{chelseadavisdesigns.com homepage}




{my design portfolio}



{my custom cookie designs also have a place on the site!}


I am beyond excited about this BIG step, and am eager to see where I go from here. I have gotten so many amazing supportive responses to the website and congrats on the business, which make me feel so blessed to get to share this with my friends and family. I have to say a very big Thank You to everyone who trusted me to design and create for you thus far. Without you, I would have never been able to learn, grow, and become confident in my designs. And Troy, you are everything to me; the motivation behind this endeavor and my source of constant support and encouragement. You have stayed up with me until 2 am tying ribbons, printing invitations, and spell-checking my work. You have taken me to buy the laptop and a few printers in my chaotic last-minute frenzies, helped me decorate dozens of cookies, and have settled with many a night falling asleep alone while I worked away on my designs until the wee hours of the morning. I could not--would not--do this without your support. I love you, Fred.

Thanks everyone :) I hope you enjoy the site. Let the designing officially begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment