Friday, August 20, 2010

Just Truckin' Right Along...

Just a quick note from the Davis family....

There was nothing too exciting going on last weekend; we just got some things done around the house that we were putting off, and hung out a bit. We have had a busy week though, as expected. Troy has been working pretty late (dang those conference calls with Australia!) so I tried to be productive around the house. Oh, and I decided spur-of-the-moment to go surprise Rachel on Wednesday for her bridal portraits. I am her Matron of Honor and haven’t gotten to do any of that one-on-one stuff with her really, because of the two hundred miles between us, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for a surprise. Rachel’s mom and I schemed and plotted and the plan was a success! I met them at her aunt’s house where she was getting her hair done, and just rang the doorbell. Molly opened it and there was Rach! She was so surprised! I love surprises! It was really special to go with her to get her portraits done, to see the ceremony and reception location, and just spend some time with my BFF. I was planning to leave around 430 to make it back to Houston at a decent hour, but who the heck was I kidding?! I didn't get home until midnight and I was exhausted. BUT, it was so much fun that if I didn’t have to go to work the next day, or have cookies to make, or a million things to do, I would have totally stayed the rest of the week! She's the bestest and I am so excited for their wedding in a few weeks.


Did I mention we are going back up to DFW today? Ya, that’s right… we are hosting Cliff and Rachel’s ‘Gift the Groom’ shower with Brandon this weekend. I made some sugar cookies for the event, which turned out really cute; they look like little sporting clays. We are driving up today—in a about an hour or so actually—so I will be sure to post some snapshots of our fun weekend.

On a side note, tomorrow, Troy and I ‘officially’ unofficially celebrate 5 years together. I can’t believe it has already been five years. It doesn’t feel like it at all, and yet I can’t really remember too much of life before him. It seems like just yesterday we were telling ourselves that we were ‘just friends’ and denying the painfully obvious. He is still my very best friend, the person who knows the most about me (and likes me in spite of it all!), and the one person I could do anything with, any time, any place. I love ya Fred!! Happy five years love.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! On the road again...

No comments:

Post a Comment