Thursday, August 5, 2010

Project Restoration

I blogged the other day about Troy refinishing a piece of furniture for me :) Well, it's done!!! I am so happy with the result too; it is perfect for our house. I found this piece on Craigslist (my new favorite obsession) for a steal. Seriously...I still can't believe how much of a bargain we got. We have been searching for so long to find an entry piece but everything we like is either too big, too small, or too expensive! So when I came across this piece, I thought it had a ton of potential (and storage!).


Troy and I drove all the way to League City to pick this buffet up, but it was completely worth it. After almost two weeks of stripping, sanding, sanding some more, staining, sanding again, staining again, and a few clear coat finishes, it is finally done! We put it in its place tonight and stocked it full of goodies that needed a home. Don't judge me on the finishing touches (or lack thereof); we are in the process of purchasing some frames and stuff to put on and around the buffet. These random objects just showed up in the reorganization process.




What do you think? Beautiful, huh?! I wanted it to look a little rustic and mission-esque and I think Troy was spot-on. I have to say a huge THANK YOU to my wonderfully patient, diligent, and talented hubby for willingly making this piece of furniture come to life for me. I am so happy with it and am so grateful for Troy's hard work. What a guy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment