Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Texas Coast Getaway

We had a very fun MLK weekend, to say the least! We spent the weekend in Port Aransas at Troy's dad and Carolyn's new condo; my parents flew down on Friday and Troy and I went to pick them up. My sister was also in town with her friend and we all had a blast.


The drive in wasn't bad but it rained a bit and the wind - oh boy! It was crazy windy on Friday. But, the weird weather made for some interesting snapshots (I will indulge you in only one - the rays of sunshine piercing through the clouds onto the mirky waters):



Saturday was still pretty cold - the 40s and 50s - but my dad and Troy still decided to fish a bit after they watched the Saints game (woo hoo - go Saints!). I just took pictures from the condo as we bid them farewell...


We had a seafood feast that night though (thanks to the fish market!) and had a great time hanging out with everyone. My dad cooked stuffed crab with an etoufee (?) sauce, boiled shrimp, and crab legs, I made a yummy salad, and Troy did his traditional 'Davis potatoes'. We finished with my homemade cherry cheesecake and were absolutely stuffed. Thank God it was too cold for swimsuits because that definitely would have been bad....real bad.

I should have known that Sunday was going to be a fantastic day (even after our Cowboys got completely destroyed by the Vikings...dang Brett Favre). Troy woke me up at 6-something to watch the sunrise and it was beautiful! The entire coastline was ablaze. I pulled out my camera to snap these vivid shots:



Later that day, we all went out for a boat ride to see if the fishies were biting. On our way out, the dolphins seemed to be very interested in us! Check out how close they got to our boat! It was the craziest thing I have ever seen. They followed us for miles, lead our boat, did tricks off in the distance, splashed around... my mom was going nuts (and so was Tess)!





We ventured out to some flats to see if my dad and Troy could catch some fish, but they weren't biting, so we decided to go check out some of the fancy coastal houses and maybe find a beach to dock on for a bit. After I snagged a few pics and Tess got to experience water for the first time (she LOVED it by the way!), we started to head back to the condo for dinner. It was a really nice day and we all had a great [chilly] time.















Unfortunately (as you can tell) this was really the only day I took a lot of pictures, and me, my sis, and Garret didn't make a single one :( but I did seem to get way too many pictures of our cute pup (of course) so here are some of my faves:

On the boat, wind in her, um, ears?

Checking out the beach (she had a shell in her mouth every time I saw her!)

Waiting for Troy to stop fishing and pet her!

I hope everyone had a great MLK weekend, and that you all got to enjoy a long weekend like we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment