Monday, November 15, 2010

Lucky in Love - 2 Years Together


Two years ago today, I was putting on my white dress, getting ready to walk down the aisle and marry the man I always dreamed of. My mom hoped my sisters and I would end up with great guys, ones who treated us with love and respect, who would cook for us when we were sick, who got along with the family, and who never tried to change who we were. After some questionable characters, I believe my mom and I both got our wish when I brought Troy home from college. From the get-go, he had them in the palm of his hand! You think I'm kidding? I warned Troy the entire way home (4.5 hours), "My dad doesn't like any of the guys that come around so don't be intimidated if he doesn't seem to like you, or if he doesn't even talk to you." Troy assured me that he was good with parents, but have you met my dad?! Low and behold, he had my parents (both of them) laughing and sharing embarrassing stories and all but inviting him to move in before dinner was over! I often joke that it's gross how much they adore Troy, how sweet he is to me and how nice he is to them. "Yeah, yeah, yeah" I always reply. But the truth is that I really really am lucky. I have the most wonderful guy in the world (as my parents often remind me, and I suppose rightfully so). They know what things could have been like and haven't easily forgotten the broken road that let me to Troy, though I can't seem to remember life before him.

Two years ago today, I got my wish--the guy who is perfect for me chose me to be his wife. For better or worse, good times and bad, he chose me. And I love him more every day for that gift. To the man who always makes me smile, never goes to bed without saying "I Love You", and will always be the keeper of my heart -- these two years of marriage have been wonderful and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for us. I adore, admire, appreciate, and love you with all that I am. Infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment