Friday, November 19, 2010

In Recovery

I'm gonna cut right to the chase -- we had such a wonderful anniversary! On Friday, we hopped in our little rental car (by the way, Jettas can fly!) and headed out east, to the Big Easy. The drive was not too bad, surprisingly, and we kicked things off by stopping in Baton Rouge for lunch at The Chimes. In the spirit of our trip, we dug right into Cajun cuisine by ordering blackened gator, gumbo, and shrimp and corn chowder with made-from-scratch hush puppies. Delish!

Upon checking into our hotel, The International House, we were thrilled at the beautiful and modern decor, and to our surprise, an upgrade! That's right -- a suite for our anniversary :) That never happens to us (and trust me, we have tried). The room was really nice and I wish we could have stayed there longer!




We spent the weekend walking around the French Quarter, eating entirely too much (amazing) food, listening to street music and jazz bands, perusing galleries, and perhaps one of the best parts -- sleeping in! In the midst of all this, I tried to test out my camera knowledge from last weekend and snapped a bunch of pics (very few of us, needless to say).













I have to give my sweet hubby kudos too - he planned a perfectly romantic and sinfully delicious dinner at one of the oldest and most recognized restaurants, Commander's Palace. I can't believe how good the food was. Seriously. And they were so hospitable there; when we left, we got to go through the kitchen -- how cool is that?! :)

It was such a relaxing and much-needed weekend and I am looking forward to going back some time. I think we are still recovering a bit from all the fun and over-indulgence though. I really couldn't have asked for a better anniversary trip. Next year....Seattle? Maybe California!

No comments:

Post a Comment