Monday, November 8, 2010

Doing What We Love

Happy November! I love this month...the cool air, warm colors, our anniversary (2 years next week!), and of course--Thanksgiving! Sweet November :)

I think Troy and I kicked this great month off right -- doing what we love. This past weekend, Troy took Tess and went with a friend deer hunting. We needed to stock our fridge with that yummy venison meat for chili, steaks, and sausage this 'winter'. I am happy to report that he did in fact shoot a doe, and we do in fact have a good selection of meat that is currently at the processor's! Yay for my hubby, bringing home the bacon venison. And the best part is that he is totally like a kid waiting for Christmas morning; he can't wait to get that deer meat back!

I did the complete opposite of deer hunting...


I went to DFW for my long-awaited photography workshop! It was everything I hoped it would be -- great instructors, valuable tips and tricks, fun photo shoots, and even some Photoshop how-to's. It was really great to be surrounded by people who love photography like I do; I only wish the class lasted longer! And the highlight of the day - I won a giveaway worth almost as much as the class itself! I couldn't believe it when they called my name. Seriously, I could barely even speak up when they read it from the piece of paper. I never win anything!


 {Our Instructors}

After the 'classroom' portion of the workshop, I was itching to snap some photos. With our new knowledge in hand, the attendees and instructors headed out to shoot three different models for practice. Don't get my wrong--I love my dog, husband, and nephew, but it is really great when you get the opportunity to photograph new people, with new expressions, styles, and personalities. It was a {welcomed}challenge to photograph kids I don't know because I really had to get comfortable with them and try to make then feel comfortable so they could really shine in the photographs. I can definitely tell when people do those 'cheeeeeese' smiles, and can appreciate the difference when they warm up to you a bit so you capture a genuine grin, smile, or even a pout. Check out some of my shots:
















Weren't the models just too perfect? I loved their different personalities and I hope that I captured them in the photos. Needless to say, we both had a great time doing what we love and were pooped when we got home Sunday. We are looking forward to New Orleans this weekend though, and I for one cannot wait to snap some more photos using what I learned at the I Heart Faces workshop!

1 comment:

  1. I found you on I Heart Faces and took a peek at your blog after looking at Tess. I wanted to go to this workshop so badly! Your pictures are wonderful! I hope they offer it again! Thanks for letting me peek!

    ReplyDelete