Sunday, March 14, 2010

Farmers Markets & Furniture

we.HAD.the.BEST.weekend.EVER.


Okay, that may have been an overstatement. But we did have an awesomely-amazing, relaxing, productive, and somewhat-exciting weekend :) Friday, Troy took a half day so we did nothing all afternoon. I read Eating Animals and he took a long nap. That was it :) My sister was in town for a wedding so we hung out for a bit before she went to the rehearsal dinner, then we had some dinner and watched Precious and Up in the Air. I was a very relaxing day. Nothing exciting.

Saturday, however, well Saturday was great. We woke up early and met Sarah and Matt in town to go to a farmer's market -- two, actually. Of course, I was excited to go because who wouldn't love a farmer's market on a perfect Saturday morning? But ya, mostly because of what has stemmed from my progress in reading Foer's book. I wanted to see what was out there, how much we would break the bank if we decided to change our food eating and buying habits, and how that farm freshness tasted. Well, pictures are worth a thousand words:


I am hooked. The farmer's market was not only a sea of healthy, fresh food, it was also very lively and entertaining, with music, made-to-order breakfasts, helpful farmers willing to share the ways of their trade, and samples galore. It was great. Thank you, Sarah, for being our market crawl guide!!








The rest of the weekend included breakfast on the patio, playing fetch with Tess, a little yard work and...furniture shopping {thank you, Uncle Sam}!! After a very short trip, we decided on a bedroom set {goodbye, Queen bed!} and breakfast table and chairs. God bless our salesman though {he sold us our living room furniture} - we are that couple who brings in a Pottery Barn catalog but wants an Ikea pricetag! Haha. He was great though and we are thrilled with our purchases. I will post pics when I get it all jazzed up, but here is a queen sample of the collection we picked {we wanted lots of storage but not a lot of furniture}:


After almost 11 months in the house, we are finally starting to feel it all come together :) I love getting new furniture, more than I love shopping for clothes, shoes - anything. I don't know why, but I suppose it is because we don't get to do it very often, and because we are finally starting to get our own collection, trading on our Ikea bits and hand-me-down pieces for some grown-up stuff!

I hope you all had a chance to take advantage of this marvelous weather and have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new bedroom furniture and I seriously thought that was a pic from the Pottery Barn catalog!

    ReplyDelete