Monday, March 22, 2010

Another lazy weekend...

Troy was off Friday, so we did some cleaning and organizing of our new bedroom furniture (yea!) and ran some errands. We went out to the outlet mall for a bit of shopping, grabbed some lunch, then hit the gym. Nothing exciting, but very very relaxing.

We went to the farmer's market again on Saturday and loaded up! We bought so many yummy fruits and veggies, breads and eggs. The weather was yucky though, so we went home and stayed there the rest of the day :) We worked on getting a lot of the rooms in the house put together now that all the furniture is where it is supposed to be. We actually got three rooms done - FINISHED - (minus paint and curtains) almost a year after moving into the house. We got all the beds done, furniture in place, pictures put out, things hung. Finally, the rooms don't just look like a sterile storage space! Check out some of the pics:


{Bedroom 2}

{Bedroom 3 - A Place for Troy's Hunting Stuff ;) }


{Upstairs Bathroom}
{I love this ruffled shower curtain}

Sunday was gorgeous, but it was made even better by a little boy Troy likes to call Jack Jack.

We headed over to Lindsey and Taylor's house to watch our nephew while they worked in the yard (something that is difficult to really do when you have an almost-one-year-old movin' and scootin' around!). It is always so easy to babysit Jackson; he is so good! I got him up from his nap and he was all grins, shy grins. Then, our little buddy ate some lunch and watched his parents work through the window. We played and played with him the rest of the afternoon, and I am so impressed with how much he has grown in the past year. He is talking a bit, dancing, waving, and I even caught him taking a few solo steps. It is amazing to watch him :) He loves his uncle Troy too. Just look at this grin as he holds on to Troy's leg as he washes some dishes:


And these just have to be my favorites - Troy gave Jackson his favorite hat to try on, but it was just a little too big. What a sport though, he was hilarious taking the hat off of Troy's head and putting it on his own head. I could have watched him do that all day!



Oh, and in other news... I am starting a new job on Monday! I will still be at Jacobs, but I will be moving to a new division and am very excited about it. We are also excited about the weekend as Troy's mom will be staying with us on Friday night. I foresee lots of yummy food, flavorful wine, and good conversation while she is in town :)

5 comments:

  1. The upstairs looks nice! It's come a long way since we were there last...I'm excited we'll have a nice cozy pad to stay at in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see your house!!! The rooms are looking great. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with ya'll here in a few weeks. I also have to say that Jackson is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! Seriously! Can't wait to celebrate his 1st birthday. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rooms look so good Chels! Oh and Im stealing a few pics for my blog too! LOL! Thanks Rach for the compliment and we cant wait to see you too! Oh and THANKS again for watching him, your right, he does love you guys ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey chelsea,
    did you finish eating animals? i'm curious to hear what you think! :D glad you tried the farmer's market; i love your pictures from there on your post a few days ago.
    i love decorating, too - austin has some way fun vintage stores i can't wait to find fun furniture at once i get a house. my boyfriend and i are going to move in together this summer so i'm starting to get reaaaaaaally excited about having a real home! which outlets did you go to? i haven't been to the san marcos outlets in awhile but i think they have a pottery barn and crate and barrel outlet there, just FYI. i know that might be far for you to drive but those stores have some fabulous things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliments, guys :) We have been working like crazy, especially since I am going back to work on Monday. I want to do some painting this weekend though :)

    Rach - very excited to see you and Cliff :) Hurry up and get here!

    Katy, I went to the outlets here in Houston, off 290. We got some clothes, no household items. A lot of it came from Home Goods or Target or things I picked up here and there. I am planning a weekend to come to Austin to stay w my sister and go to the Pottery Barn and C&B outlets because those are two of my FAVE stores! I will facebook you about Eating Animals :)

    ReplyDelete