Friday, February 12, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Valentine's Dates or Ideas



Over at Kelly's Korner she is doing a 'Show Us Your Life' about Valentine's dates or ideas, and I thought I would partake.

Troy and I used to really celebrate Valentine's Day when we were dating because it was something exciting, romantic, and well, an opportunity to go all out. So when we got married about a year and a half ago, we vowed to stop going nuts and just cook at home or do something simple. Well, that hasn't happened yet! Last year, we went skiing in Santa Fe for Valentine's Day and it was so much fun!





Unfortunately, we cannot go skiing for Valentine's this year, but we are still trying to fit a trip in before the snow melts away. Our plans consist of me going to a girls' luncheon at my friend and fellow-blogger Sarah's house, then going for drinks for my friend Louise's birthday. But, Troy and I are going to celebrate by going to a Valentine's lunch at Truluck's (or The Grand Lux Cafe - my fave!). Dinner will be at home; I am hoping to whip up something yummy...

As with several of the gift-giving holidays since our marriage began, we are skipping the element of surprise for our gift exchange, told eachother exactly what we would like for a 'valentine', went online and purchased. Unromantic, you say? Thoughtless? Uninspired? Well, we figure that when you have everything you can possibly need (are on a tight budget and happen to be saving up for a pricey camera lens and a trip), sometimes it is the thought that counts. So my Valentine is getting a box of conversation hearts (that's what he asked for) and some dog training stuff for Tess. I am getting this camera strap, and couldn't be happier!




So happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I hope you all have a love-filled day, and don't forget the spirit of Valentine's - to buy a bunch of commencial crap last-minute and go to an over-priced, over-crowded dinner. Hehe, just kidding. Love those that are in your life, and tell them as often as you can....oh, and eat lots of chocolate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment