Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Actually is All Around

"General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around."
~Love Actually

Happy Valentine's Day, ya'll! We celebrated the day of love today by going to Home Depot (twice) to pick out paint for the dining room and bedroom, and new light fixtures for our bathroom...long overdue. We just sat down after a whirlwind of a weekend and we are exhausted to say the least. My sister came into town on Friday so we could celebrate her birthday, and my bestie from high school - Natalee - came in as well, with her husband Trevor, whose birthday is also the same day as Lindseys! So the 5 of us went out for fajitas and 'ritas at our beloved La Finca. It was a blast. They had to wear sombreros and got whipped-creamed by the waitors! Ha! Later, we celebrated with cake for 'Snow Bunny' (Trevor) and Nonney (Linds) and watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics.






Thursday, I decided to make some sugar cookies I saw online. I went with a Valentine's theme (of course) so Troy could take some to work. I think they turned out really well so I will be posting the recipe for the cookies and the royal icing on my new blog tomorrow when I launch it (along with some fabulous finds to assist with the recipe)!





Since my sister was coming into town for her bday, I decided to make her some special cookies too. She LOVES butterflies so I tried to get creative with them. I have bigger plans for the next batch, but I think they turned out pretty cute :)



Saturday, I went to Sarah's Valentine luncheon and it was a blast. She made some delicious food and I got to spend some time with good friends. I forgot my camera in the rush out the door, but I am sure that Sarah will post some great shots of the food and festivities as soon as she sorts through them. We went with Linds and friends to a few bars Saturday night to celebrate Louise and her birthday in style. We danced the night away and although I took many pics, I will leave you with the first pic of the night. Posting others would just be embarassing :)



So as this day comes to an end and couples are heading out for nice dinners, we sit here at home, with the dog and the cat, watching NASCAR (what?!) and looking back on one of the best weekends we have had in a long time. I am going to pry myself off of the couch now to go whip up an alfredo sauce for our 'chicken fettucine alfredo' Valentine's dinner, so from our humble abode - Happy Valentine's Day!


"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart...Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived." ~Meet Joe Black

1 comment:

  1. I love the platter those yummy Valentine's cookies are on! Can't wait to see your new blog :)

    ReplyDelete