Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hallelujah

Can I get a hallelujah for a relaxing weekend?! It was very much needed to get things ready for sending Tess of to the kennel for the first time (tear), our trip south of the border, and a busy work week ahead.

We were really happy to have found out a little while back that a friend from high school (rare - I keep in touch with maybe a handful of people from my days at KHS) and her husband, who are also Red Raiders, moved to Katy a few months ago. We have been trying to get together for a while and finally had dinner last weekend at our beloved La Finca. Erin and Chase met up with us again on Friday for a little cookout at the house, and we were joined later that evening by Troy's fraternity brother and his wife, also named Erin; we just found out that they have lived right behind us for over a year -- and we had no idea! I am really glad to have friends (old and new) that live so close to us, and am especially grateful that my husband now has two guys that he can talk 'huntin' and 'fishin' with. I do fear that I will not see him much this fall though... Either way, it was a nice Friday night, catching up and sitting on the back porch, enjoying the beautiful weather that Texas has been blessed with these past few weeks.
We met Allison for a day at the pool on Saturday and I played it stupid - no sunscreen (except on my face, of course, which always gets a healthy dose of SPF). I swear, there is something about taking a shower after sunbathing that really brings out the tan--ehem, burn--lines. Ya, I looked like a lobster when it was all said and done. After some serious aloe-lathering, I am much better, and thanks to my partial Italian genes, this redness should (hopefully) turn to a nice brown and all should be well for Mexico. Hopefully...

We are so excited about our trip by the way :) Can ya tell?? I can't believe we live a hop skip and jump away from Mexico and have never been. But this vacay couldn't have come sooner. We are looking forward to sleeping in, yummy food and margaritas (all included, might I add!!), ziplining, snorkeling, and sitting by the beach... ahh Mexico.
Let the countdown begin!





No comments:

Post a Comment