Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tess Turns One


Today, Miss Tess is 1! I can't believe it! I know, I am a dork because I celebrate my dog's birthday. Yes--it is on the calendar in our pantry, yes--we bought her some presents for her special day, and yes--there will be cake (for humans and dogs alike). What can I say? I just love that pup. Unless you own a dog, it is hard to really describe what she means to us. That sideways head-cocking somewhat-grinning face always makes my day! We are probably a little over-the-top with Tess, I confess, but she is a good dog; well-behaved, smart, sweet, friendly, obedient. I couldn't ask for more in a canine companion! So we thought we would reward her by celebrating her b-day :) Why not?

I remember when the kennel emailed us pictures a few days after her litter of pups was born. Aren't they so friggin cute!? 


We got to watch the pups as they grew, via online photos (although we didn't actually know which of the girls was ours yet; we still had to go to the kennel and pick one out). Here is her 6-weeks picture:


This is what Tess looked like not long before we picked her up to introduce her to her new home:


And here she is more recently, all 75lbs of her! She is just the greatest joy and we love her so!


Troy and I took her to get her nails clipped and filed down, her ears cleaned, and to pick out some new toys at PetSmart. It was her first trip and she was so good! I am going to be taking her there more often :) We are having a few of her pup friends over for games, dinner, and doggie cake later tonight. I think it is safe to say that Tess is pretty pumped! Should be a good time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TESS BUG!

No comments:

Post a Comment