Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hectic Trifecta

I just realized how long it had been between our posts. I literally said to myself "surely that much time hasn't already passed us by!!" Geez. This is a whole new kind of busy for us...a numb kind of busy. I feel like an ant colony, just going going going, doing what you have to do and not really thinking twice about it...

Well, over the past couple of weeks, I hosted a successful bachelorette party for my bestie Rach, Troy organized one heck of a man trip for Cliff and his buddies, Tech beat SMU (and New Mexico!!), I attended a wonderful bridal luncheon, and we celebrated Troy's step-sister's marriage to a wonderful guy! Whew! Here are some quick details...

While the boys were away on a kayaking trip down the Colorado River, the girls played in Austin for Rachel's bachelorette party. We rented a house in historic Travis Park in Austin, right off of South Congress. It was perfect and lovely and oh so chic! I highly recommend renting a house as opposed to a hotel (if you have multiple people staying, and for at least two nights). We got into town on Saturday, checked things out, and then got ready for dinner and a night on the town. Nuff said ;) Sunday was awesome -- after a delicious Italian lunch at the first location, we did a wine tour of some beautiful Texas wineries. We finished the day at the house with a catered dinner, sinful cake, and lingerie shower for the bride-to-be. SO FUN!!


Rachel's aunt Vickie hosted a lovely brunch for Rachel and her maids the Saturday before her wedding. I thought it was so sweet, and a good opportunity for everyone to get together one last time and celebrate before the big day. The food was delish, the decor was so charming, and the company was the best. Nothing better than a room full of gals!

That Saturday night (9/11/10), we went to celebrate the marriage of Troy's step-sis Becca and her new hubby, Ryan. Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVEd her color palette!? I don't even know that I got a good shot representing the gorgeous depth of color, but (gasp) it was stunning! When I mentioned it to Becca, she just told me that she asked her florist to do purples--all shades, go nuts! What a good bride :) It turned out beautiful. The food was great (notice a trend here?) and the dancing was one of the best. We really had a great time cuttin' a rug! The best part was probably the photo booth though. I love that idea (we wanted one at our wedding, but funds did not permit--weep, weep); I just wish we got a few more runs in! Two just wasn't enough (haha).
Since I am just now getting around to posting the past three-four weeks, I will stop here for now. Next up: Tess' first birthday celebration and a marriage of two best friends (our best friends!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment