Thursday, July 1, 2010

Some Incentive

We have collected so many shoes over the past few weeks that I just can't believe it! I stopped counting since the last *box* we received this week. I am happy to say that by the time our shoe drive is over (July 24), we should have some wonderful shoes to send to Soles4Souls. But, I am sad to say that we are only receiving shoes from our wonderful co-workers (exception - my sis; thanks Linds!). So come on family! Get it together, friends! We need your help more than anything, and are just asking for one pair of shoes to go toward a really great cause. You know you have a pair (or two) just sitting in your closet collecting dust...

To offer a bit of incentive, I am offering to design a set of 2 custom Chelsea Davis Designs notepads to the first friend/family member to give us 5 pairs of shoes for our shoe drive! That's right - any way you want them: Honey-do list, Notes from the Bride to Be, The 'Smith' Family -- you name it! Just get us the shoes and the cute and custom notepads are all yours!



Photobucket


Today feels like Friday to me because I am off of work for the next four days - YIPPEE! Troy has to work, unfortunately, but that leaves a full day for me to do the million things I need to do. First, I am going to go over to a gem of a paper store -- a haven -- to spend hours looking at all of the wonderful products they have, then I am going to the newly-opened Paper Source for more paper perusing, then it's lunch with Troy at one of my faves - Grand Lux Cafe. After that, I have a haircut, pedicure, and some shopping to do before we meet some family for dinner and then head out for a movie date :) It sounds like a lot (cuz it is) but doesn't it all sound so fun?! I am really looking forward to the day, so much so that I will be at the paper store by 8am! :)

We head to the coast on Saturday morning (weather permitting) for some time on the Texas coast, sipping adult beverages and lazily passing the time. We wish everyone a happy and safe Fourth of July weekend!! Somewhere in between the BBQ and the fireworks, take a moment to give thanks for our freedoms, our independence, and the men and women who have, continue to, and will one day serve to protect those freedoms.



Image from WeHeartIt

No comments:

Post a Comment