Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let It Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

If you read the last post, you saw that I ended my "Christmas Is" list with the hope for snow, and old Saint Nick was definitely listening!!! It snowed in Houston (are pigs flying yet?) and boy - IT REALLY SNOWED! The drive to work was a quiet one, but cold. And by the time I got my hot chocolate heated up, it looked like a snowglobe outside. I was anxious to get home, and at about noon I headed that way. The closer I got to Katy, the harder the snow was coming down. It was beautiful! Troy left work early as well and we pulled out our ski clothes, bundled up, and let the dog out in the yard to play in the snow. Tess was hesitant at first, but warmed up to the idea and really had a blast:


Tess, getting acquainted
Play with me!


She almost blends in!



Snow!
The snow was great, but all along I was praying that it would not affect my parents' flight to Houston. This was their first trip since we bought the house, and it was SO important to me that they made it in, and safely. Every flight before theirs that evening was cancelled, but by the grace of God, they made it! We had a fun and relaxing time, and it was great to see them. Mom and I did some shopping Saturday morning while the guys loaded up on man food and watched football. We went for Cajun food that night and filled our bellies with oysters, bisque, and beer and then headed home to watch some more football. I introduced them to my Christmas in a Glass drink and they loved it! (well, duh - it rocks). So in a food (and slight vodka) comatose, we called it a night. It was a great visit to say the least :)
On a side note, my stockings arrived from Pottery Barn! I ordered two large ones for Troy and me, and two small ones for the furballs, and had them embroidered with our names. They look great, if I do say so myself, and Tess seemed to like hers too!

We have a busy week this week, and there is lots to do to get ready for my Christmas soiree and cookie exchange, of which there will be plenty of photos to post, I'm sure! But I'm looking forward to it; it should be great fun. Until then, have a great week :)
19 Days Until Christmas! Let the Countdown Begin!


Blog sig

No comments:

Post a Comment