Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cookies and [Tacky] Christmas Sweaters

This weekend was full of Christmas festivities and we had so much fun! Saturday was my first annual cookie exchange and Christmas soiree and it was a success if I do say so myself! Just look at these beautiful confectionary creations, compliments of my fabulous guests:

Brownies, Hello Dollies (Linds), Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies (Whit), Angel Wings (Allison), Peanut Butter Surprises (Sarah), Puppy Chow (Lindsey), White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies (Caroline), Fudge, Iced Cookies, Gingerbread Cookies, Chocolate-covered Pretzels

Peanut Butter Surprises - Sarah

Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Pecan Cookies, Whitney

Chocolate-covered Christmas Pretzels, Hostess

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, Caroline

Funfetti Brownies, Hostess

Hello Dollies, Lindsey Stanley


Once everyone dropped off their goodies, we sat down for a [yummy] lunch. I tried my hand at a three-course meal from scratch and I'd say it was a success; lots of work, but a success. We snacked on various appetizers, then sipped on some tomato basil soup with ricotta cheese dumplings and sourdough croutons. Next, we had a "Ceasar" salad, herb carrots, new potatoes with herb sour cream, and an Italian stuffed chicken breast (kudos to the hubby on cooking this one for me). We finished the meal with an apple tartlet. It was a great lunch with great friends and I cannot wait to do it all again next year!

Not photographed: Whitney and Lindsey J


What's a party without fresh flowers? Well, I suppose it's still a party. But I never pass up the opportunity to buy fresh flowers, and decided to go with a holiday theme for my table. I also got to set out our china for the first time (yippee), and I think it all came together nicely. Here are some photos of the tablescape:


My favorite - Hydrangea, with pine and evergreen spruces

Our beautiful china - Lenox Pearl Platinum, with silver charger and pine spruce


Later that evening, we got all dressed up and met up with friends for a tacky Christmas sweater party at Velvet Melvin. We had a lot of fun and saw some very 'festive' outfits. I think ours were some of the best:





The holidays are well underway and we are enjoying every bit of it! We have another busy week and look forward to this week's events - Troy's 25th birthday celebration, another tacky Christmas sweater party, and Christmas with the Davis family to Sunday. Lots to post, so check back soon!

Blog sig

No comments:

Post a Comment