Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Doe, a Deer

Last weekend was a 'girls weekend' for Chels and 'boys weekend' for Troy. Troy headed out Friday afternoon with some friends from work to hunt in South Texas for the weekend. The guys had a good 'ole time, like usual, with grill-cooked meals, cold beer, and lots of deer stalking. Unfortunately, only a few of the guys got themselves a good doe, and even more unfortunately, Troy was not one of them. He did, however, see a buck fight over a female deer, which apparently is really cool. All-in-all it was a relaxing and fun trip for him, though he was happy to be home on Sunday!





Shopping was in the works for me last weekend...lots of shopping. I got a lot of things done Friday, but the high ended when I locked myself out of the house that night :( an hour, $75, and one sad puppy later, I was finally in. Ugh! We have done this twice now (at least this time I had my phone with me). So needless to say, the neighbor has a key - which Troy has already had to use! Ha! Saturday was yucky outside so Whit and Al came over and we watched our Red Raiders kick some Sooner butt! It was great :) They played with Tess a lot and we just vegged out and chatted all day. Haven't done that in a while, and it reminded me of the old days :) Al and I did a bit more shopping that evening and called it a night early. Sunday I ran out to the outlet mall to get some stuff and then met Troy for some errands and a movie with Blake. Unfortunately, Blind Side was sold out so we saw the Boondock Saints sequel All Saints Day. It was okay...I'd say 7/10 stars. The first one was way better!

We have very busy week and weekend coming up and are trying to brace ourselves! We start with Turkey Day with Rick and Carolyn and then we head to Dallas for Turkey Day Part Deux, family photo session, and the Tech/Baylor game on Saturday! Wreck 'Em Tech! All in all, we are looking forward to seeing everyone and spending time with family, especially Matt and Jo - fresh off the plane from Florida :)
Blog sig

No comments:

Post a Comment