Sunday, April 4, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Well, my first week back to work was a successful one. I am learning a lot since, not only am I in a brand new position, I am also working for a completely different Jacobs line of business - infrastructure. The clients are different {no more BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil or Shell}, the jobs are obviously very different {roads, bridges, trains, planes and the like} and I therefore have to learn everything from scratch :) Well, at least I am very familiar with the Jacobs business culture and practices as a whole, which translate seamlessly. It is a lot of work but I am already loving the change!

We went and played bingo Thursday night with friends and it was so much fun. It was in the Heights at this musty lodge {kind of like the Lions' Club} but there were hundreds of twenty-somethings there, and with good reason. Bingo nights mean $6 pitchers - Shiner, Miller, you name it - and lots of snacks. It is BYOB/food too, which is amazing for those of us who don't want hot dogs, nachos, or other concession-stand food {though I hear their burgers are good...I wouldn't know}. Sarah was the only one who won, but she had to split her winnings with like 6 people {bummer}. But hey - she won, and we had a great time!

Saturday was our annual trip to the Shell Houston Open!
We headed out to Redstone Saturday morning after our farmer's market run and immediately grabbed some yummy lunch at the skybox on 18. After a cold beer, Troy and I headed out to walk the grounds, something that I really didn't do much of at my previous Open visits. It was beautiful weather and we got to see several golfers - Adam Scott, Phil Mickelson, Anthony Kim, Y.E. Yang, Bubba Watson, Justin Leonard. I really enjoyed how calming it was to watch them concentrate and play. It is much better than watching golf on TV! After the sun started to get the best of us, we headed back to the skybox for some snacks and more cold beverages, and to meet up with my sister and James. We spent the rest of the tournament on 18, sipping, eating, watching, laughing. It was really a great time. Little did we know, the best was yet to come. Last year, we had tickets to the after-event, but didn't end up going because we were exhausted. This year, we decided to try it out, and Oh My Gosh! It was a blast. It reminded me of college all over again. Roger Creager was the musical guest, and we sat front and center, sipping our beer/margaritas, eating yummy food, dancing and singing along to the music. I cannot tell you how much fun we had, but we did snap some pictures:


Lindsey, Roger Creager, Me




Can you tell how much fun we had? Thanks Rick!!



Today is Easter Sunday, and as I type this post, I sit lazily on the couch, belly full of Easter lunch, grateful for such a wonderfully simple day. We went to Rick and Carolyn's for lunch and to watch Jackson hunt for eggs. It was so cute. He really did spot and capture the eggs, hidden conspicuously around the house. It was hilarious watching him scoot to each one, grinning ear to ear. I tried to snap some photos here and there.




It was a great Easter, though we missed the family that could not be with us, and look forward to spending the next one surrounded again by those we love. We will get to see everyone next weekend for Jackson's First Birthday though!!! I cannot believe that little monkey will be one year old next week. Time really has flown by...

No comments:

Post a Comment